On Wednesday 4th October we held our annual AGM where guests had the chance to hear about our work and achievements in 2016, and to celebrate the achievements of our supporters.
Our AGM (previously known as the ‘Court’), was held throughout the day, and provided an overview of our work in
- Support for those working or retired from the licensed drinks trade
- Securing income for a sustainable future
The AGM provides people with the chance to find out about our work, meet our Trustees and some of our professional staff. Members have the opportunity to vote on proposed amendments to the Charity’s Rules and the provisions of its Royal Charter.
This year we also hosted our first Volunteer Awards Ceremony. This was to celebrate our work as a charity and acknowledge some of the individuals who help make this charity what it is today.
There were many nominees for each category, showing the support and belief everyone has for each other. From this great turn out I am happy to announce the winners of our 2017 Volunteer Awards below –
- Outstanding Volunteer Assessor – Mrs Jenny Booth
- Outstanding Telephone Befriender – Mr Roger Adams
- Inspirational Fundraiser – Mr George Wishart
- Individual Contribution to the Charity’s work – Mrs Barbara Williams & Mrs Thelma Brown
- Outstanding Corporate Contribution – Mitchells & Butlers
We would just like to thank everyone that attended and we look forward to seeing you again next year.