The Licensed Trade Charity (LTC) is currently recruiting for an Assistant Accountant to join in our success as part of our Finance team. This post offers career progression opportunities throughout the business.
Based in Ascot, the LTC was founded in 1794 by philanthropists in the licensed drinks trade, who set up a variety of operations, including a school; the daily newspaper The Publican’s Morning Advertiser and a charitable arm to look after people in crisis who had worked in the trade. The LTC currently operates three schools.
As an Assistant Accountant you will be working with the Schools Management Accountant, to prepare the management accounts of schools within the LTC organisation and provide timely and suitable analysis for all operational departments and the executive team. You will also be responsible for the day to-day maintenance of the schools cash books of the Licensed Trade Charity.
- Working with the Schools Management Accountant, to support the production of timely and accurate monthly management accounts within 10 working days of the end of the month.
- Preparation of monthly departmental accounts to the relevant operational teams within the LTC.
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations for all three schools.
- Maintain the petty cashbooks for both SEN schools, distributing pocket money and termly allowances when required.
- Take credit card payments when requested by parents for payment of school fees or extras.
- Banking of all cash and cheques received and collection of petty cash and foreign currency from the bank, as required.
- Provide cover for and assist the Schools Management Accountant with any accounting and clerical duties as required.
- AAT qualified or part qualified ACCA/CIMA.
- Customer focused and approachable
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Able to prepare clear, concise, accurate and timely reports
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages, specifically Excel spreadsheets and databases
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work flexibly as part of a team
- Team player, who can demonstrate a ‘hands on’ approach
- Confidence and ability to deal with and communicate with people at all levels
- Organised, efficient and proactive
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Ability to use own initiative and resolve problems, but also accept instruction
- Well-presented and confident
- Willing to learn and adapt to new tasks and challenges
- Integrity and trust worthy
- Experience of using WCBS/PASS accounting systems
- Experience of working in a charity/third sector organisation or an independent school
Closing date for applications: 3rd November 2017
Interviews will be held week commencing 6th November 2017
To apply please download and complete the application form and return it to Tracy Spencer together with your CV at Tracy.Spencer@ltcharity.org.uk.
For further information please contact Tracy Spencer on 01344 884440.Assistant Accountant Application Form Assistant Accountant Job Description